Monday, December 5, 2011

The Nineteenth Amendment

"The right of citizens of the United States to vote shall not be denied or abridged by the United States or by any State on account of sex.
Congress shall have power to enforce this article by appropriate legislation."


The Nineteenth Amendment gave women the right to vote. This was an important Amendment, because even though the 14th Amendment gave all men the right to vote, women were left out. I don't see women as second class citizens, and its weird to me that men used to get away with doing just that.


To me this poster makes the best argument for women's suffrage. Every citizen of the United States deserves to vote and deserves to have their voice heard. How could you say that the President is chosen by the people when 50% of the population can't vote



This is a video by School House Rock where they sing about Women's Suffrage. It talks about how unfair it was for everyone, but women to vote and I agree. I saw this video in history class like 10 years ago, and I'm glad that there are people out there that make videos like this to help children understand important issues.

No comments:

Post a Comment